Staging Your Home
Use these valuable home-staging tips to set your home apart from the competition and get top dollar for your property.
It can't be stressed enough: first impressions are extremely important. Before listing your property, take care to make your house as presentable as possible - and to maintain it throughout the selling process. By following these simple tips on staging your home, you'll appeal to serious buyers and sell your house faster:
- Curb Appeal: The outside of your house creates the first impression for prospective buyers. Keep your lawn mowed, landscaping tidy, and entryway inviting.
- Repairs and Improvements: Fix exterior or interior minor things that may potentially turn away prospective home buyers. These would include water stains, wallpaper repairs, holes in walls and stained carpets.
- Remove Strong Colors: You may love purple walls, but many buyers may not. To appeal to the widest audience, paint your walls a neutral color.
- Deep-Clean Your Home: Make sure windows, walls and floors are clean. Pay particular attention to kitchens and bathrooms, ensuring they are immaculate.
- Remove Clutter: Removing clutter will maximize the space of your home. Keep kitchen countertops cleared of small appliances, and box up toys. Remove clutter from refrigerator doors. De-clutter walls by removing excess photos. Also consider removing large furniture from small rooms – it will create an illusion of space.
- Setting the Stage: Thoughtful touches always enhance a prospective buyer's impression. Consider these ideas:
*Display fresh flowers in the house
*Bake cookies or burn a candle to fill the home with a pleasant aroma during a showing
*Ensure each room has sufficient lighting
Loon Mountain Real Estate Company is here to help. Email us, or call us at 603-745-8112 for more tips to sell your home faster.